In a heart-wrenching incident, a 25-year-old young man lost his life, and two houses faced partial damage following a fire outbreak in Khambiyar Pattan, located in North Kashmir’s Baramulla district during the intervening night of Sunday-monday.
As per an official statement obtained by Insight Kashmir, the fire erupted during the night in the residence of Bashir Ahmad Dar, the son of the late Mohammad Ramzan Dar, situated in Khambiyar-Hyderbeigh .
The flames swiftly engulfed the entire rooftop of Bashir Ahmad Dar’s house. Additionally, the nearby dwelling of Asadullah Ganaie, son of Habibullah Ganaie, from khambiyar, also suffered partial damage as the fire reached its roof.
The charred remains of Aadil Ahmad Dar (25), son of the late Mohammad Ramzan Dar a resident of Khambiyar, were discovered amid the wreckage of his home’s rooftop. Authorities have transferred the deceased to GMC Baramulla for medico-legal formalities, attributing the tragic incident to an electric short circuit.
An ongoing police investigation aims to shed light on further details surrounding this unfortunate event. In the wake of this incident, it’s crucial for residents to take preventive measures to ensure safety from potential power blanket mishaps.
The demise of a 25-year-old youth dies of electric blanket during sleep highlights the importance of being vigilant during the cold season.
Essential Winter Safety Measures:
1. Regular Inspection: Conduct routine checks on your power blankets or any electrical heating devices to identify any signs of wear, tear, or damage.
2. Quality Equipment: Invest in high-quality power blankets from reputable manufacturers, ensuring compliance with safety standards and regulations.
3. Avoid Overloading: Refrain from overloading electrical circuits by plugging too many devices into a single outlet. Distribute the load appropriately to prevent electrical issues.
4. Unattended Usage: Avoid leaving power blankets unattended while in operation. Turn them off when not needed to minimize the risk of overheating or short circuits.
5. Proper Storage: When not in use, store power blankets in a cool, dry place away from potential hazards. Avoid crumpling or folding them, as this can lead to damage.
6. Electrical Wiring: Ensure that the electrical wiring in your home is in good condition. Replace any frayed or damaged cords promptly.
7. Emergency Response: Familiarize yourself with the location of fire extinguishers and emergency exits in your home. Be prepared to respond quickly and effectively in case of an emergency.
8. Professional Inspection: Periodically have a qualified electrician inspect your home’s electrical system to identify and address potential hazards.
By adopting these measures, individuals can contribute to creating a safer environment and reduce the likelihood of accidents related to power blankets.
Stay proactive and prioritize electrical safety in your daily routine. Remember these safety tips during winter to ensure a secure and warm season.