PM Cares For Children Yojana:- As you all may be aware that covid-19 has caused a very severe impact throughout the world. Children have also been affected because of covid-19. They have lost their routine life and their parents because of covid-19. In order to provide support to these children, the Government of India has launched the PM Cares For Children Yojana. Through the Prime Minister’s care for children scheme, various kinds of financial and social help will be provided to the beneficiaries. This article will cover all the important information regarding the PM Cares For Children Scheme. You will get to know how you can take advantage of this scheme by going through this article.
About PM Cares For Children Yojana 2024
The honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the PM Cares For Children Yojana. Through this scheme, those children who have lost both of their parents due to covid-19 will be provided various benefits which include rehabilitation facilities, gap funding for ensuring education, a monthly stipend, and a lump sum amount of Rs 10 lakh on turning 23 years old. The government has recognized the need of having a dedicated fund whose primary objective will be dealing with any kind of emergency or difficult situation. For this purpose, the government has started a public charitable trust called PM cares fund. The financial assistance under the scheme will be provided through the PM care fund. The ministry of women and child welfare will be the nodal agency for managing the PM care fund.
The main objective of this scheme to ensure comprehensive care and protection to children who have lost their parents to COVID-19. The scheme provides financial support, health insurance, education assistance, and other resources to help these children grow up healthy, educated, and self-sufficient.
The applicant must fulfil the below-mentioned criteria:
- Applicants must be under the age of 18 on the date of death of their parents.
- Applicants must have lost both the parents/legal guardian/adoptive parents/surviving parent to COVID-19 pandemic during the period starting from 11th March 2020.
Children will receive the following benefits under this scheme:
- A financial assistance of INR 10 lakh will be given in lump sum to the child or the guardian. The child can use this money for any purpose, such as education, health care, or daily expenses.
- A health insurance cover of INR 5 lakh will be provided to the child for a period of five years. This insurance will cover the cost of hospitalization, surgery, and other medical expenses.
- A scholarship of INR 20,000 per year will be given to the child for school education. This scholarship will be provided till the child completes Class 12.
- Assistance for boarding and lodging will be provided to the child if they are not staying with their immediate family. This assistance will be given till the child turns 18 years of age.
- The assistance for higher education will be provided to the child if they want to pursue higher education. This assistance can be in the form of a scholarship or an educational loan.
- The rehabilitation support will be provided to the child if they are in need of any special care or attention. This support can be in the form of counselling, training, or placement assistance.
- Apply For Labour Card Scholarship 2024, Registration Open-Get 25,000 P.A
- JK NMMS Scholarship 2024: Eligibility, Benefits, Selection and Application process
- Death certificates of the parents
- Proof of age of the child
- Proof of the relationship of the child with the deceased parents
- Proof of income of the family
- A statement from the Child Welfare Committee (CWC)
How can you apply?
Applicants are requested to connect with local authorities including the office of District Magistrate to obtain the application form and proceed further.
It would be better if the applicants could put forward their queries to the nearest District Magistrate’s office.
PM Cares For Children Yojana Eligibility Criteria
Those childrens who have lost
- Both parents or
- Surviving parent or
- Legal guardian/adoptive parents/single adopted parent
Due to covid-19 from 11th March 2020 to 28 February 2022
Note: The child should not have completed 18 years of age on the date of death of parents.
Procedure To Apply Under PM Cares For Children Yojana
- First of all, go to the official website of the PM Cares scheme.
- The homepage will appear before you
- On the home page, you are required to click on register here
- Now you will be redirected to a new page
- On this page, you have to enter all the required information
- Now you have to upload all the required documents
- After that you have to click on submit
- By following this procedure you can apply under PM cares for children Yojana
Note: To get the details on official communication, kindly click on the button given below.\
👉CLICK HERE 👈